Badwater 2013 is just 6 weeks away and as Alexa and I attempt to finalize plans, we just can’t wrap our “twin brain” around the idea of Leslie, Alexa’s super awesome mom, not accompanying us to Death Valley again next month. So, in the fashion of David Letterman’s Late Show, here is our top ten list!
10. If you don’t come, how will we even make it there? We need your amazing navigational skills so we don’t miss the exit to Death Valley like last time!
9. If you’re not there, who is going to kill the cockroaches in the shower at Furnace Creek?
8. Who is going to send me (Traci) fictitious good night text messages from Marshall? (sigh…Marshall!!!!<3)
7. We need the organizational skills of a Mom to keep all of the supplies in order and accounted for…you knew where everything was at all times. (except that time we drove all the way to Lone Pine and then…oh, nevermind!)
6. We need someone there to protect us from the “muppet night stalker”! Before, during and after the race. You have to be there to go off on her at dinner before the race & if she comes sneaking around Town’s Pass again in the middle of the night, we will be ready for her this time BEFORE she peels out in the stolen crew vehicle!
5. I have mastered the art of pep talking Alexa out of a meltdown around mile 80, but I seriously can’t handle another ER/staph infection fiasco alone!
4. We need a “real adult” to supervise! For instance, you have to regulate the usage of the blinky lights & by that we mean, making sure that EVERYONE is wearing them! With a big emphasis on EVERYONE!!! (wink, wink!)
3. We won’t exactly know what to do when Alexa is heading up Portal Road and asks for her Mom…she loves me and all, but I’m no match for her mommy!
2. If you’re not there, no one can truly say “Hey, Alexa…I saw your mom last night!”
And the number one reason why Alexa’s mom HAS to crew Badwater again this year….
1. DUH….WE LOVE YOU! (OBVIOUSLY!)